Monday, March 22, 2010

Where to begin


(one of my fav pics from the trip)










Living hope
, passion, the gospel, and vulnerability are a couple of words that reflects on choir tour. It has been such a personal journey over the past two weeks. God was so real and powerful not only to the choir as a group but also to me.

I've been learning at Moody alot about worship as a lifestyle but also in the church. One of the key elements of worship is that it should be transforming and total involvement. And that is exactly what I learned and experienced on tour. I left every concert different. The message of the gospel would pierce my heart every time; as it should. God used a different scripture passage to convict, encourage, disclose to me every night. The program was saturated with recited bible passages, and that definately was something that was very powerful. At the end, he performances were not performances at all, but they were an act of worship and declaration of the gospel. Many choir members were going through extremely hard trials during the tour; there were mutiple deaths of loved ones during the tour and many were sick. However, through it all, we declared living hope we have in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment